Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Pediatric Occupational Therapist joins our team!


We are proud to announce Sherrie Beres, occupational therapist, will be joining our team on July 6th.

Sherrie received her Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from Shenandoah University in 2004. Her employment history includes work in Fairfax county schools as well as the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Arizona. She has served as a Clinical Instructor for occupational therapy students as well as a Lead Therapist, supervising others. Until recently, she has been living in Tempe, Arizona. She is originally from our area, and is now returning to be near her family.

Sherrie’s message to children & parents…

I grew up in Centreville Virginia, where my family remains to this day. I am the youngest of four girls. My family has now expanded and I have 7 nieces and nephews who I love dearly.
I married my high school sweetheart and we have an Australian cattle dog that we enjoy running with, taking long walks with, and hiking with daily. His favorite tricks are giving high fives and rolling over.
I also enjoy cooking and spending time outside in the sunshine. I have been living in Arizona for the past 5 years and I am looking forward to making Virginia my home and being back near my family.
I went into OT in hopes of working with children. I began working with children in positions such as summer jobs in therapeutic recreation, substitute teaching, babysitting during family support groups and as an OT in the school system. Now with my new position of pediatric outpatient OT at Fauquier Health, I am truly looking forward to building a relationship with each child and family and working with my new team to teach and learn the skills needed for every child to have a more independent future. I look forward to meeting and working each one of you.

Fauquier Health is the only local facility to offer physical, occupational & speech therapies all at one convenient, child-friendly location. If you feel your child may benefit from rehabilitation services & have questions, please feel free to give us a call at 540-316-2680, or click on the button below to submit your inquiry via email.


No comments:

Post a Comment