Thursday, November 12, 2009

We welcome Pam De Rivero, Pediatric Physical Therapist Assistant, to our Team!

I was born in Lima, Peru. As I was about to turn five my parents decided to come to live in the United States with the American dream of a better future. From then on we have lived in Northern Virginia. I have a younger brother who calls himself my little mannequin, because going through PTA school I would always practice movement patterns and stretching techniques on him.

I was lucky enough to learn very early on in my life that Pediatric Physical Therapy was what I wanted to do. Even though I searched other possibilities of other professions I would always come back to Physical Therapy for kids.

I enrolled in the Physical Therapist Assistant program at Northern Virginia Community College. It is an outstanding program with the best instructors who cheer their students on every step of the way. I had three clinical rotations: an Outpatient Orthopedics clinic, Skilled Nursing Facility, and last but not least my favorite, School Settings.

I have worked with a wonderful family for a year and a half helping them give therapy to their two gorgeous boys. They have grown so much in this short amount of time, not only physically but in their gross and fine motor skills, speech, and best of all playing skills. I have had the honor to see these changes during this time and I have also grown to love them as part of my own family.

I believe that ALL children should have fun and be able to play. And now beginning this new journey with Fauquier Health Outpatient Rehab Pediatrics I can’t wait to incorporate that into everyday therapy, making it into a game. I am eager to meet the children and their families, and to find out what they hope to accomplish through therapy. I am also eager to meet my team and co-workers who I will be working with side-by-side to accomplish those goals.

Fauquier Health is the only local facility to offer physical, occupational & speech therapies all at one convenient, child-friendly location. If you feel your child may benefit from rehabilitation services & have questions, please feel free to give us a call at 540-316-2680, or click on the button below to submit your inquiry via email.





2 comments:

  1. Nice story. Good to hear from a therapist directly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the dad of the two boys Pam mentions in her intro. I would like to tell any parent considering services for your children through Faquier Health, that your child would be blessed to have Pam as their physical therapist. Pam has become a beloved member of our family. She is super fun, hard working, smart and always displays a contagious smile...even when she is tired! She has a true love for children and knows how to creatively work with them, getting them to do the things they don't necessarily want to do, but still have fun doing it. Your children will LOVE Pam and will always look forward to their next therapy session!

    ReplyDelete